- "You need a favor, you ask for it. You get asked to do something, you do it."
- ―Reede Smith in The Great Red Dragon
The Blake Association is a secret criminal organization founded and formerly led by Red John which involves members of multiple federal, state and local government agencies within the California area. The existence of the organization was revealed by Bob Kirkland in Red Listed, but its official name was revealed three episodes later.
It is a system of officials and agents of various ranks who commit crimes such as murder, and who help each other cover up the crimes.
According to former member Reede Smith, the structure of the organization seems to be divided into small circles. Members of each of these circles only personally know members of their same circle, but not of the others, and take orders anonymously.
The special characteristic of the association is a tattoo of three horizontal dots that its members have on their left shoulders. Also, they use the password "Tyger Tyger", derived from the poem The Tyger of William Blake (Red John's favorite author), who also gives name to the organization itself.
Although the members of the organization help each other in many circumstances, when one of them is caught or discovered, another member is sent to assassinate him in order to protect the secrecy of the organization.
However, since the existence of the organization was made public by Patrick Jane, the FBI began a campaign to clean up corrupt cops, which led even to the dismantling of the entire CBI. This fact, coupled with the death of its leader Red John at the hands of Jane, eventually caused to the demise of the organization.
- CBI Director Gale Bertram †
- FBI Agent Reede Smith (arrested)
- CBI Forensics Lead Agent Brett Partridge †
- Detective Oscar Cordero †
- Officer Paul Wiehagen (arrested)
- Unnamed Department of Corrections Officer
- Unknown Detective (Smith's recruiter)
In "Green Thumb", Jane escapes FBI custody in order to create a fake list of names in order to ensure Abbott does not break their deal. At the end of the episode, Abbott reveals to Jane that the people he has listed have either been arrested or relieved of their duties. The blacked out names are fakes- a trick by Jane to ensure Abbott does not go back on their deal.
- Judge Manchester (arrested)
- CBI Media Relations Officer Brenda Shettrick (arrested)
- CBI Secretary Rebecca Anderson †
- FBI Agent Craig O'Laughlin †
- Jason Lennon †
- Timothy Carter †
- Miriam Gottlieb †
- Rosalind Harker (arrested)
Crimes committed by The Blake Association (Confirmed)Edit
- Murder and rape of five women (Before There Will Be Blood by Jason Lennon with Julia Howard)
- Murders of Sam Bosco, Nick Martinez and Mark Dyson (In His Red Right Hand by Rebecca Anderson)
- Murder of Todd Johnson (In Red Moon by Craig O'Laughlin)
- Murder of Manuel Montero (In Red Queen by Craig O'Laughlin)
- Murders of Officers Cole and Mayers (In Strawberries and Cream by Craig O'Laughlin)
- Murder of Bob Kirkland (In Red Listed by Reede Smith)
- Murder of unnamed bartender (In The Great Red Dragon by Gale Bertram)
- Murder of Officer Jones (In Red John (episode) by Oscar Cordero)
- Murder of Gale Bertram (In Red John (episode) by Oscar Cordero)
Collaborated in Red John's murdersEdit
- Murder and rape of Miranda Roman (before the series with Jason Lennon and Julia Howard)
- Murders of Towlen Morning and Marlon Hicks (In His Red Right Hand with Rebecca Anderson)
- Murder of Rebecca Anderson (In His Red Right Hand with Reede Smith)
- Murder of Eileen Turner (In Red John's Rules with Miriam Gottlieb)
- Murders of Bret Stiles and Ray Haffner (In Fire and Brimstone with Brett Partridge)
- Attempted murders of Madeleine Hightower, Grace Van Pelt and Teresa Lisbon (In Strawberries and Cream by Craig O'Laughlin)
- Attempted murder of Patrick Jane (In The Great Red Dragon by Gale Bertram)
- Attempted murder of Reede Smith (In The Great Red Dragon by Paul Wiehagen and Oscar Cordero)
Crimes committed by The Blake Association (Suspected)Edit
- Murders of Officers Jeff Ortiz and Rance Howard (Before Red Moon by Todd Johnson)
- Murders of Nelson Caper, Lance Connor, Keeley Farlowe and Officer Mullery (In Red Moon by Todd Johnson)